Frequently Asked Question
If your security key is lost, you can follow these steps to regain access to the accounts where you used YubiKey and protect them. Choose the right steps for you depending on whether you’ve set up a second step for your account log ins, such as:
- Verification codes;
- Google prompts;
- Backup codes;
- A different security key you’ve added to your account;
- A registered computer where you previously chose not to be asked for a verification code;
If you have a second step:
- Sign in to your account with your password and your other second step.
- Follow the steps to remove the lost key from your account.
- Get a new security key. You may want to get an extra key you can keep in a safe place.
- Add the new key to your account.
If you don’t have a second step or you forgot your password:
- Follow the steps to recover your account .You will be asked some questions to confirm that it's your account.
You may be asked:
- To enter an email address or phone number where you can be reached;
- To enter a code sent to your email address or phone number. This code helps make sure you can access that email address or phone number.